You may have heard this already, but…
Cult TV show Battlestar Galactica will end early next year, the program’s makers have confirmed. The final fourth season of the sci-fi show will be broadcast on U.S. cable network Sci Fi Channel from November. Executive producers Ronald Moore and David Eick released a statement, saying, “This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally, an end. Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we’ve decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there – we’re going out with a bang.”
I think I’m okay with it. I’d rather have something end on a good note so I can remember it well, instead of burning out (Roswell, anyone?). It makes sense. The first season was them reacting to the invasion, the second season was fighting for survival, the third season was looking for earth, and the fourth season will probably be the battle for control over earth. I’ll just have to start writing LOTS of fanfic after it ends. Also, can the actors actually get some better roles, and not just on Canadian sci fi shows? Here is my wishlist for the fourth season:
- Baltar and Roslin showdown- he will finally put her in her place while she sits there with her smug bitchface on.
- Cally will grow her bangs out.
- We will find out how Roslin and Baltar found a collection of well-pressed suits in a post-apocolyptic world.
- We can see some gay people. I know they are out there.
- Anders is training to be a pilot-let’s see some combat action. If you know what I mean.
- I’d like to see Number Six showdown with a lot of the characters she has not interacted with before. She could make Lee cry in under one minute.
- They could also explain how the cylons have a couture wardrobe.
- Are they all still just eating algae?
- There will be more episiodes where they just blow shit up the whole time.
- We find out that Billy is not really dead! (Here’s hoping)