Anyone see the trailer for the new movie Good Luck Chuck? Otherwise known as Wedding Crashers Employee of the Month Part 2?
Here’s what frustrates me about this the most:
- It looks incredibly unfunny
- Dane Cook probably put in his contract that he needs to show off his newly tones hairless chest in at least 40% of the scenes
- It has the Entourage-esque masculine ideal fantasy, and comes off as incredibly misogynist and idiotic
- It perpetuates the notion that overweight people are incredibly disgusting, stupid, and unattractive, and do nothing all day but stuff their faces and are deperate for a lay
- The writers of the movie are buying into all of these gendered, misogynist views and exploiting them to make money for the movie
- some people may actually find this movie funny
- Jessica Alba has said repeatedly she wants people to start taking her seriously as an actress and to stop looking at her ass. Well, this seems the way to start. Good job, Jess.
- I still find Dane Cook a tiny bit physically attractive and I hate myself for it.