1. The opening credits. Fantastic. And tells a lot of backstory…that is, if you’ve read the book. If I hadn’t, I’d be “wtf”ing all over the pace.
2. The use of Phillip Glass music during Dr. Manhattan’s backstory.
3. My surprise at thinking Ozmandias was not too cheesy. They beefed up his costume and made him a bit more creepy.
4. Rorshach! The way his mask changed. And usually I don’t like voice-overs, but this totally worked.
5. The Comedian- JDM did a good job, and he was portrayed well as a total asshole.
What I din’t like:
1. Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre. Ugh.
2. The Silk Spectre/Nite Owl sex scene. Really gratuitous.
3. The really bad CGI animation on Mars. Guess you can’t really do it another way.
4. Dr. manhattan seemed to be in a comas the whole time.
5. Leaving out the comic within a comic. Then again, it would have been 5 hours long.